Steps to owning your granite worktop
- Choose your stone: there are hundreds of different types of granite all with different colours and markings. There are also many different engineered or composite stones. We can help guide you in your choice so that your worktop not only complements but enhances the chosen look for your kitchen.
- Once you have selected the stone, it is best to come to the showroom in Basingstoke to select the actual slab that will be used for your countertop, as granite varies in shade and marking from piece to piece depending on the part of the quarry it came from.
- Prepare the site properly & get ready for templating: the key to beautiful, long lasting stone surfaces is a perfect preparation of the site. We will measure up and make templates, but the kitchen units need to be in place with any temporary worktops removed before we arrive and any sinks, taps, hobs etc need to be on hand so that we can ensure that they are properly marked on the template.
- Installation: it takes us just 5 working days from templating to installation on site. We have our own team of installers who will ensure that the job is done correctly and with the minimum of disruption.
- Seal the worktop. Stone is porous and can stain if liquid or acid is split onto it. You should seal & clean the worktop with the appropriate products. We carry a range in stock and can advise on which is most suitable for your type of stone.
- Enjoy your new kitchen.
Details of how to care for worktop are available in our Care and Maintenance section.
Things to bear in mind
- Variations in shade and markings: granite can vary considerably from piece to piece and even within the same slab. We recommend that you come in to our showroom and choose the actual slab that will be used for your granite worktop to ensure that you are happy with it. If you require something more uniform in look, then composite or engineered stone is probably more suited to your needs.
- Fissures and pits: when the stone is formed, small cracks and bubbles can occur within it. Where necessary, these will be filled by us before the worktop leaves the factory.
Kitchen worktop leaflet
Ordering and installation guidelines
You can learn more about the process from ordering to installation by clicking here.